This is our quick guide to our Halal Bodybuilding meals for those who are keen on building muscle and looking good, but need to observe what is and isn’t halal? Then look no further – many Pro Gains meals fit the criteria, making fitness and cultural observation easy for you.
As a Muslim bodybuilder, you’ll be looking for food that feeds you nutritionally and spiritually, so it’s vital to know what you’re eating at all times. Pro Gains offers an extensive menu of foods, delivered fresh to your door, many of which will fit the expected criteria.
In the meat section, Pro Gains has a certified halal chicken option (just tick the order section when you select your meals) – it couldn’t be easier. Beloe is our certification details of the chicken’s origins, when you chose Halal Chicken.
We also have protein options that will fit the bill, for example Tofu or Quorn. Both are excellent meat substitutes,
For more advice on creating halal bodybuilding meals, here’s a list of approved ingredients:
- Any grain product, such as bread, breakfast cereal or baked goods prepared without Haram ingredients
- All vegetables and fruit: raw, dried, frozen or canned.
- All vegetables and fruit cooked or served with water, butter, or vegetable oils
- Yoghurt, cheese and ice cream made with bacterial culture or microbial enzymes, e.g. microbial rennet
- Meat and poultry slaughtered according to Islamic dietary law (Zabihah).
- Nuts, seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Halal deli meats
- Dried beans, peas and lentils
- Beverages: carbonated drinks, fruit juice, punch, cocktails, tea and coffee
- Fats and oils: butter, margarine, mayonnaise, vegetable oils and some salad dressings
- Miscellaneous: chutneys, coconut milk, jam, pickles, spices
- Desserts made with agar and/or carrageenan base only
- Sweeteners: honey, sugar, syrup, chocolate liquor (roasted ground cocoa bean syrup)
- Main dish entrées: any Zabihah meat or alternative dish, pizza, pasta or rice prepared without Haram foods and ingredients
- Soups/sauces: any made without Haram foods and ingredients
- Desserts and sweets: any made without alcohol, or without pure or artificial vanilla extract
We hope we have assured you that there are many options out there for an Islamic Bodybuilder, even one who decides to use an amazing meal prep service like ours. We have a fantastic 2 meals a day for 5 days a week offer, that allows you to sample our service order here now. Or take a look at the bigger packages we do and our full menu.